Thursday, January 24, 2013

Feelin' the Love

Got a lot done with some photos today.  These are my own of course, I meet with the photographer on Saturday. None of these pieces are listed on Etsy yet, but I will get to posting them later today or tomorrow.  I am kind of anxious today, anxious and tired - not a fun combination. Maybe getting out later (even though its for a doctor) will be good for me.

I made a really cool piece last night. I think its kinda unisex. I like it a lot.  Being the Jewish part of this pair (and really more of an agnostic), I don't really wear crosses. I think they can be beautiful and I like to create necklaces using them.

Throughout the day my wife calls me and we chat about nothing, and anything at all.  I like to hear her voice and know she's thinking about me. I text her, because I never know if its a good time to call. A lot of the texts and calls are just to say "I love you" or "I miss you". Sometimes those little things keep me going throughout the day, especially when I am anxious or sad.

Now that I am mostly healthy again I need to get back to seeing my therapist.  Talking to him about this possible law suit would really be helpful right now. Our money is so tight right now even making one appointment is cost prohibitive as the new year has started, and hence so has our deductible. I really like my therapist, and its the first time in a long time that I have had such a good relationship with a therapist.  It took over a decade really to find the right combination of psychiatrist, therapist and medication.  Even still we tweak things all the time, but I feel like I am heading in the right direction, and I have a good team behind me.  That team, and my wife, my kids, my mom and my mother-in-law, have all made suffering from bipolar disorder, OCD, and anxiety disorder easier now than it had been in the past. I still struggle daily with a variety of issues, but knowing all these people are in my corner, pulling for me helps tremendously. Its sad because I know that so many people who suffer from mental illness don't have the support system I do.  Maybe someday I will be well enough to help some of my "brothers and sisters in arms" with their struggle. I know when I have heard stories and feelings shared by others who suffer from similar disorders it has helped me feel less alone.

Red Creek Jasper Necklace
Gotta get ready for the doc. Here is today's JET Team love:

Images and jewelry designs may not be reproduced, copied, duplicated, printed or otherwise used without the expressed written consent of Body Electric Jewelry or agents. All photos, text, designs are the property of Body Electric Jewelry. Photos may be used for personal enjoyment or archive purposes but photos, text and jewelry designs may not be used in any manner for financial gain or commerce by anyone other than Body Electric Jewelry.

My links:
Twitter:          https://twitter.com/BodyElectricJwl
Pinterest:         http://pinterest.com/bodyelectricjwl/


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! :)
    Beautiful photos and a great looking blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog ... You write very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. It feels really good knowing that people are reading what I write. I hope you continue to follow, read and enjoy. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete